My Daily Protein Shake!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 20: "Shake the Sugar" 21-Day Challenge


What you do on a daily basis is your choice.  Getting fit and changing your shape is not about losing weight.  That is just a result of your actions.  It's about developing consistent discipline and good habits and curbing bad ones.  What we tried to do on this Challenge was to create new layers of thinking about your sugar habits and then aim to set up new patterns that you can apply ongoing from this point forward.  I can't make you sign up to do this, read the posts, or do the "To Do" section daily.  You can.  The choice is yours!








I read this yesterday on a gal's post and it pretty much sums it up.  If you've kept up with this you've been working on new habits, doing the "work", which will get you new results in time.


Posted by Erin Stern; Her Facebook page HERE!
"So, you want to be fit? ;)
Fit doesn't belong to the elite or the lucky..
Fit can be found in the gym, on the trail, or in a garage..
Fit isn't limited to labels, box sets of DVDs, or programs..
Fit is any age, and is quantified in hundreds of ways --
But one rule is the same: fit is the product of work!!"







TO-DO
The time has come to evaluate and plan your future relationship with sugar.  I work well when I set "rules" for myself.  For me it's a plan of one sugar item per week when out with the family and one sugar drink such as a tea or coffee.  I know me and my limits and letting in more than that creates habits I don't want around.  


What works for me won't work for you necessarily.  It needs to be your plan, BUT it should be different and improved from what it was before this challenge.  Write it down and put it on your phone, on a to-do list, or in a visible spot daily like on your mirror or in front of your computer so you SEE it and then DO it!  If it's too restrictive or too lenient and old habits start creeping in, then don't be afraid to evaluate it and change it when needed...you're human!


PS-If at anytime you feel you're getting back to old ways, then simply put yourself back on the challenge.  Your Day One can be any day of the year...when you need it!  I've compiled the challenge by day on the link below and you can visit it and keep yourself challenged for change at anytime!

To you and success of your sugar goals and plans,
-Mindy





Miss a day in the challenge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment