My Daily Protein Shake!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 19: "Shake the Sugar" 21-Day Challenge

You're 19 days into this challenge.  You've invested a lot of time and energy to make a choice to read these daily posts, pay attention to your food choices, and plan your day around your sugar intake.  You've spent time plotting what you will and will not eat.  You are investing into you!  


I've watched the stats on these posts daily, and much like anything else, the numbers start out high with those saying they're interested, then the decline sets in.  It's pretty typical in the fitness world when people realize that there is no easy button, that I don't have anything magic to share, and that they'll have to do the work to get the results, and then the numbers drop off.  I give you high props for staying with it, for reading these posts daily, and for realizing that your health is a priority in your life.  Consistency, patience, and dedication in tow.....you're on your way to a new YOU!



TO DO:
Pay attention to liquid calories on a regular basis.  I read once that a good majority of the obesity epidemic in our country is due to the large intake of beverage calories laden with sweeteners, syrups, caffeine, and alcohol.  When we sit down at a restaurant, what comes first?  The drinks!  What gets refilled?  The drinks?  What do we do to wind down a meal?  Order a drink!  I honestly know people who really don't think that the calories and content in their beverages matters.  Actually it matters MORE than the food you eat because drinks are everywhere all.the.time!

For the balance of this challenge and ongoing, monitor your beverage consumption.  Track it weekly just like you did on your sugar tracking.  How much coffee, pop, beer, mixed drinks, juices, and regular water do you drink?  I enjoy a good pomegranate martini or a fun pumpkin spice latte on rare occasions, but if I'm trying to keep it clean, change my shape, and reach my goals, those drinks have to be few and far between, NOT daily.  I actually have not had a soda pop since July 2010 when I made some lifestyle changes....and yes I'm still alive and kicking!  What you drink is a choice!  

If you do want to enjoy an alcoholic beverage here and there, I found this list of beverages that are lower calorie and lower sugar alternatives.  Click on that link HERE!

Hats off to your choices, drinking more water, and enjoying a good drink...every now and then!  Keep rocking the challenge...you're almost there!
-Mindy




Miss a day in the challenge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment