My Daily Protein Shake!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 21: "Shake the Sugar" 21-Day Challenge

Day 21!  You've made it through 21 days of focusing on you and your sugar goals and plans.  You've evaluated your habits, tracked your daily intake, sacrificed in hard times, and made it through to the other side.  We can't change you totally in 21 days, but we can start to chip away at something grand!  


As I've said before, a Challenge of any sorts is not about "fixing" any problem in an instant.  It's about awareness to your habits, getting uncomfortable in change, and setting up new rhythms to a better you.  Your change comes when you step outside of your comfort zone.  If you've been hooked on sugar for years and years, 21 days is NOT going to be your instant change.  It's the start of your practice towards a new and consistent plan.







TO-DO:  
So what's next?  You've evaluated your former sugar habits, set goals and plans for your upcoming sugar intake, and now you get to practice that.....daily!  I stress the word "practice" as much as I can.  We are not perfect beings.  We will fall, we will fail, we will struggle, and we will have days where "What plan?" crosses your mind!  The important part is that you keep practicing and moving forward and never let your slip turn into a slide! 

As you go through seasons in your life, your goals will change.  Plan for surprises, plan for times of sugar intake, and plan to keep on keeping on.  The best plan you can establish is one of balance where your body is thriving and healthy, but not where you're to the point of deprivation and "that item" is all you can think about!  Keep it real!

Last item of TO-DO, I'd LOVE your feedback!  It's my passion to write these challenges and motivate others on.  I'd love YOUR feedback from your progress, struggles, comments, or frustrations on this challenge.  Anything you can tell me to better or improve this for you or others would be greatly appreciated.  Simply email me at: Mindy@fitgalclub.com

I'm currently writing a program for mentoring people in living a fit lifestyle and I'm running it as a pilot program with a few gals soon.  I've learned so much in my own practice of fitness these past few years and it's my passion to pay it forward.  If being in a mentor program is something that interests you or someone you know, email me at: Mindy@fitgalclub.com

The best to you and your sugarless days to come!
-Mindy



Miss a day in the challenge? 

2 comments:

  1. http://sourcemeditation.org/2012/12/01/letting-go-of-sugar/

    Day 11 asks you to share your experience. Here it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this! Thanks Lacey! How did the rest of the challenge go?!

    ReplyDelete