My Daily Protein Shake!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Journey To My First Figure Competition: 13 Weeks Out


141.2 lbs; Body Fat: 13.67%....this is working, down 1% from last week!
Calorie intake:Most days are 2300-2500;  Doing a 2500 calorie refeed today (1/13) of lowered proteins, eating egg whites and chicken, no to low fat, and higher carbs of sweet potato, white rice, oats, marshmallows, and air-popped popcorn.
Cardio: 3 days on the tread at 30 minutes each; alternating walking at 3.5 MPH for 2 minutes, followed by an all-out sprint at 10 MPH for 50 seconds.  This was tough, but the HIIT work really brings the fat loss all through the day!
Lifting:Lifted all body parts this week and just got my new line up and split for the upcoming week....so more change is coming!  


I'm happy to see my back coming in nicely and still get frustrated over the sloooow abs and waistline.  I'll keep working the plan.  It's only been 5 weeks on my strict Competition diet, so I know my body is fighting me to hold the fat and in due time I will WIN and it will come off!




I had a leg day on 1/7 and we did Dead Lifts.  Prior to that I was on the barbell rack and squated 155 with Jackie's push and spotting, my PR to date!  The focus was on going low to engage those glutes.  On these Dead Lifts (love them!), my whole body is working and lifting all 115 pounds.  What a workout.....it wiped me out and I had to take a nap later in the day!




 
Another leg day on 1/11.  Legs are some of my faves.  On this day I was in the hip sled (leg press) and did 4 sets of 10 reps at 350 lbs legs narrow and 3 sets of 6 reps at 420 lbs legs wide.  I love it when a guy leaves some plates on the rack and I have to add more!  Not bulking up, just working on my girly curves, that's all!





One of my all-time favorite things to do is to lift with my husband.  As a former NCAA Division 1 Football Player (Westpoint and Indiana University), he teaches me a lot, too.  He gets a kick out of my silly comments and goofy ways when lifting (like loading plates back in the wrong spot), but hey, it's me!  He also motivates and pushes me on really well, too!  I have a dream to someday share the stage with him in a couple's competition and even on the cover of a magazine.  He's starting in on his own path and the Men's Physique stage may be calling his name soon!  Dream it, work it, do it!  



1/12/13...This week I did 3 HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Cardio sessions on the tread alternating 2 minutes at a 3.5 mph walking pace followed by 50 seconds of a 10.0 mph sprint.  Pictured here in a sprint, it kicked my bootay each and every time!  




1/12/13...after my cardio I broke out the heels, grabbed a corner in the Group Ex room at the gym, and got my poses in.  It is SO much harder than it looks!  Holding each pose in the quarter turns for 15 seconds, I kept the chest high, stomach in, and had a forward lean in the toe base of the heels.  My abs have a little reveal in this shot but are holding some water today after a salty chicken meal and some dancing out last night! 

Mindy's First Show Date: 
Saturday, April 13, 2013
NPC Indiana's "Natural Indiana" Show
Maddam Walker Theatre, Indy




No comments:

Post a Comment