My Daily Protein Shake!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Journey To My First Figure Competition: 16 Weeks Out


16 Weeks Out: December 23, 2012
140.4 lbs; 18.44% body fat; 9AM (body fat is creeping back down!)
Calorie intake: previous day was a refeed of complex carbs-oatmeal, egg whites, rice cakes, sweet potatoes, chicken; 2820 calories for the day; the refeed locks on some water weight as the body's response to the high carb volume and the glycogen uptake into the muscle cells.
Cardio: none
Lifting: lifted Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri this week...all body parts, heavy!
Conditions: 2 solid, 10+ hour nights of sleep recently!  Legs are still in recovery from heavy lifting this week.  I started my new supplements midweek.  
It takes time to see change, but slow progress IS progress!

Love seeing the "V" come in on the back.  Jackie and I are focusing to bring up more mass in my back and biceps, the first two places that fell back during my 6 weeks off.  
Front view-see my surgery scar?  When I get my own suit made, that will be hidden.  I'm just 7 weeks post op in these pictures, so I can't complain.  I did a bunch of sit ups (slooooowly) on Friday and my ab area was retaining some water yesterday from that activity shock.  May not be time for that yet.....need more healing!  Can't wait for that waist line to come in and get rid of the blocky look on the front!

I am starting to focus on posing from now on and using the corner mirrors at the Y in the weight room to get some posing work in.  It takes TONS of practice and in this picture I was not mindful of flexing.  I see some tricep and oblique reveal, but with the kids scurrying about and snickering at me (My oldest son says, "Oh gross, Mom!"), I was not focusing on my flexing like I should have been! 
 Time to focus and go!




Mindy's First Show Date: 
Saturday, April 13, 2013
NPC Indiana's "Natural Indiana" Show
Maddam Walker Theatre, Indy




1 comment:

  1. love it! I am also training for my first show, April 27! mom of three under the age of ten,41 years old. hardest thing I have ever done. pulled hamstring, subluxated shoulder etc. you got this!

    ReplyDelete