My Daily Protein Shake!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 17: "Shake the Sugar" 21-Day Challenge


From the heart-

On my Day 17 it was Halloween.  Given what I knew was ahead in my path, I was unstoppable in my plan!  I attended a party with my family and I ate before I went, even though I knew there would be food there.  I also made my mind up NOT to eat sugar or sample anything.  It was a choice I made, like a pact with myself and cheating on "me" just wasn't worth it!  Arriving full AND with a decaf coffee (with a little cream) in hand really kept me on track.  I wasn't feeling deprived at all!


Even with chips, dip, pizza, alcohol, and candy all around me, that night I was glowing, feeling great, and on a mission for change!  Honestly, I sometimes struggle with seeing the habits of others.  No one is perfect, but I feel like I've found gold just by fine tuning my daily eating and living habits and it's gotten me to the positive overall change that I desire.  I so want for all those around me to find their gold too, but change will only happen when one is ready for it.   


TO DO:
As you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in this challenge, start to envision it beyond Day 21.  Focus on your new habits, how you can proudly carry them on, and how you can make a positive impact on those around you.  I've struggled with being a "food snob" in the past, with a bit of judgement in tow, but overall I have to keep the focus on what works for me, my progress, and how what I do, rather than what I say, can make an impact on others.  I can't live anyone else's life but mine, but hopefully my actions can make an impact on those that cross my path.

We have an obesity epidemic in our country and believe it or not, you can change the world one person at a time just by focusing on your own habits and recognize how easy it is for them to spread!  Stay strong, be consistent, and believe 110% in what you're doing.  You're actions are contagious and in knowing that, you're more likely to stay the course if you know someone else around you needs you to stay on track!  Yes you CAN!






Miss a day in the challenge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment