My Daily Protein Shake!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Your Best Body 12-Week Challenge, Week Nine!


-Mindy Irish

If you let me walk through your home I could probably get a feel for your habits.  What’s in your cookie jars, containers, and refrigerator says a lot about you!  A gal I follow by the name of Paula White said recently, “We are what we repeatedly do.  Let me look into your last 24 hours and I’ll tell you what your next day will be like.”


So what’s in your pantry, your lunch boxes, and your cabinets?  Are they items that are moving you forward or tripping you up?  I briefly touched on the topic of sugar last week as it relates to being a key ingredient in so many of our foods.  Did you see any hidden sugars in your daily foods?  Eye opening isn’t it?!



The challenge this week is about focusing on our liquid sugars and the habits surrounding those.  Bottom line: Do you drink your calories?  I know people who really don’t consider their beverages to be part of their daily caloric intake.  It's like, "If I drink it, it really didn't happen."  Not so much!  Piggybacking on last week’s challenge to study your food labels, do you know the contents of what you drink?


A gal told me recently that she cut alcohol out of her diet and five weeks later she had lost 20 pounds!  Really?  Just a drink (or two or three?) makes that much difference?  Yes it does!  No matter the form that it goes into your body, your system still runs the counter.  At the end of the day, it tallies up what you spent (your activity) and what you input (your daily fuel) and spits out the results….your body!


It’s your call.  Is it worth it?  Sometimes yes it is.  That tasty drink is just what you needed and can definitely be part of your plan and you can still lose weight.  However, it’s what you drink on a daily basis that impacts your overall health and fitness progress.  It really boils down to asking yourself, “Do I know what I’m drinking and the ingredients that go into my body?”  Do you have any “drinks of choice” that are keeping you from your goals?  I’d love to know!






No comments:

Post a Comment