My Daily Protein Shake!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Journey To My First Figure Competition: 14 Weeks Out


14 Weeks Out: January 5-6, 2013


141.2 lbs; Body Fat: 14.53%....this is working, down 2.2% from last week!
Calorie intake:Most days are 2300-2500;  Did a huge 4100 calorie refeed of simple sugars, grains, pop corn, egg whites, oat meal, rice on 1/4....so we'll see what that brings this week!
Cardio: 3 days on the tread at 30 minutes each; incline walking at 3.o MPH with a 75% HR max target.  I got some new tunes on the i, so now the cardio is FUN!
Lifting:Lifted all body parts this week and I hear we're changing things up next week!  My lifting split is: legs, shoulders, back/bi, chest/tri, legs day 2.  I am not doing abs right now because my core is still on repair post-op and my skin is still working to redrape to my muscles.  If I do too much, my abs will swell a bit around my belly button and it's not that pretty of a sight!

My trainer says my V is coming in nicely and I see my shoulder cap starting to peek out from the rear view.  Waiting and waiting on that waist line to leave the building!  I know that patience is key and my middle was where I carried most of my weight for YEARS, so it will take TIME for that to change!



Learning to flex while posing is still part of learning the art of the sport!  Practice, practice, practice!



My kids were on winter break this week and we traveled to Ohio to visit family and take some moments of fun at an indoor water park.  We were gone for 4 days and 3 nights and I had to pack 90% of my eats so I would stay on track.  I broke out the steam-in-the-bag veggies, packed the post-workout fast sugars, prepped all my egg whites, protein shakes, and my egg white and oat bran breakfasts.  I visited two YMCAs while I was away to keep lifting and tracked daily in my My Fitness Pal app.  It took time, but I ate it ALL and stayed the course!  Details do add up....discipline your dedication to your plan for your greatest results!  




1/4: Taken on the AM of my Refeed.  Heading down to the water park to play with the fam and my abs were in.  It's amazing how fast they can disappear as you water up during the day!  I had 4 babies come from this body, so I'm really pleased how this is turning out and thankful for the opportunity to have my extra skin removed in my surgery just 9 weeks ago on 11/2!  I can't wait to see the six pack!!





1/5: Posing practice in the group ex room at my gym.  I held all quarter turn poses for 15 seconds and really focused on the body parts.  This pose is the "line up" pose for when we're all lined up on the sides.  So funny how my definition really disappears and changes in some light!  I need to start bringing my high heels in so I can practice for real!!



Mindy's First Show Date: 
Saturday, April 13, 2013
NPC Indiana's "Natural Indiana" Show
Maddam Walker Theatre, Indy




No comments:

Post a Comment