My Daily Protein Shake!

Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Journey To My First Figure Competition: 17 Weeks Out


17 Weeks Out: December 15, 2012
138 lbs; 19.5% body fat; 8AM (whoa....that jumped from last time!  Water?!)
Calorie intake: 2500 daily
Cardio: none
Lifting: just lifted 1 time the week prior;  released to lift and ready to rock it!
Conditions: 1 day before my cycle start....hello water weight!


Looking forward to bringing up the shoulders and upper body.
My legs have always been my strong point....Can't wait to see those abs and waist line come in (and a lot less boxy!), too!










I'm so excited that my abs are starting to peek thru!  This was taken at 16.5 weeks out and I full heartedly believe in the saying that, "Abs are made in the kitchen!"  I know I have more definition to reveal, but I'm happy with the progress and quite honestly, I'm in LOVE with this style of eating!  Lean proteins, fiber-rich, low-sugar veggies and healthy fats are such a great fit for my body and my thyroid disease.  I feel SO energized and focused on this way of eating!







The BIGGEST part of this journey is the diet.  Lifting is also key to gain as much muscle, while later shredding off the fat, is important, too.  But, a huge amount of my progress and results will come from the diet.  Using the My Fitness Pal app, I track, track, track my food and I eat the same thing daily, for the most part.  If I'm leaving home, I have to prep ahead and pack it or else I'll venture off plan.  I'm eating 2500 calories of lean protein, tons of veggies, and healthy fats daily.  I've been eating this way for almost a year, so honestly, at this point, this is NOT hard for me. I wish could teach more people to cut the sugar, processed, and dairy as I've done.  As the weeks progress, my plan will change and I'll be eating fewer calories and changing up the content as well.




This is a picture of my morning routine.  My new supplements just arrived this week and I'm adding them in to my daily mix.  I start each day with my power breakfast of 1c of oat bran, 1c of egg whites, and 3T of flax meal.  I put that in the microwave for 1:30 and it starts my day with 703 nutritious calories and I really look forward to that meal.  Roughly 2 hours later, but before my workout, I have my protein shake.  I use Sun Warrior's Chocolate Vegan Formula, which is made of a brown rice protein.  I don't digest whey and dairy well, so this is a wonderful fit for my body.  Into that shake I add: 1t of olive oil, 1t of fish oil, 1 scoop of Body by O's BCAAs1 scoop of Body by O's Cortisol Compound, and my beloved Fighter Diet Greens.  This, too, is also my power punch shake and with all the fun foods floating around in there, I'm charged and ready to lift!  Post workout comes with a fast digesting carb like rice cakes and a protein shake recovery drink.  It's all just part of my daily rhythm!

Mindy's First Show Date: 
Saturday, April 13, 2013
NPC Indiana's "Natural Indiana" Show
Maddam Walker Theatre, Indy




No comments:

Post a Comment