My Daily Protein Shake!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Your Best Body 12-Week Challenge, Week Seven!

How's Your Mojo? 
-by Mindy Irish

You know, how's your fitness motivation looking these days?  I've seen a common theme amongst some of my friends and gym mates lately that a few may be lacking in their motivation to keep going.  The novelty of the new diet and exercise plan is sinking in and it's maybe not so fun anymore?  It happens to all of us, but we have to keep going.  Pushing through is in itself part of the journey, just another hurdle you have to jump over to get to your finish line.  No one said this would be easy!

Why do we each "hit walls" or lose our motivation to move forward? 

My opinions and reasons why:
One: I feel it's because we realize that this takes consistent work and effort and the results don't happen instantly.  I told a friend just today who had halted on her plan that, "Nothing happens overnight, it only happens over time.....gradually!"

Two: I also feel it's because we may not see the scale move OR maybe it's moved in the wrong direction.  We get frustrated, throw in the towel, blame the plan, lose focus, all progress lost.  Don't do that....you've got too much at stake!

Three: Another reason I feel we often lose our motivation is because we haven't been honest with ourselves and our plan.  We each know what to do, but often times we make our own rules and expect to get the ultimate results.  We get comfortable and get back into our old habits, but still expect a physical change to emerge.  We take bites here and there, get into new, poor habits, and before we know it, what started with an innocent sneak is now a regular occurence.  Guess what?  Your body does not lie.  You can say what you want, but your body is the sounding board of what's really going on.  Honest, but true!



So how do you stay motivated when all else seems up against you?

You dig deep and look at your why.  Just like in anything......Why did you get married, or take that job, go to school, sign up for that race, or spend the money on that vacation?  What are you planning to get from it?  For me, I envision my goals and me conquering them, and the feeling I will get from seeing that far outweighs the hardship of not seeing any progress right here and now.  So what you're stalled, you're tired, you're up a pound.  Look how far you've come!  You're miles ahead of where you were before you started.  Head up and CELEBRATE and then get back on track.  You owe it to yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment