My Daily Protein Shake!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Your Best Body 12-Week Challenge, Week Four!


 You've Got To Let It Go!
-By Mindy Irish

(written early 2012)
I set a goal back at the beginning of this month that when my new replacement debit card arrived, I wasn't going to activate it until the first day of the next month.  So far so good and I'm just using cash, using the husband's debit card in the evenings for gas or absolutes, or just passing on by!  It's just my way of setting up good discipline and getting new habits underway!  To be better, do better, right?

So, I took it a step further.  I made sure that this past week not a drop of white sugar entered this body!  I don't crave sugar (most days) and am not a sugar-a-holic, but I found I was munching on some foods that seemed innocent with only a few ingredients in their line up, but with added sugar.  I found I started to venture off my "Body For Life" plan I am committed to and instead was making it "Mindy For Life".  Well, that was not going to get the results I wanted.  So, it was totally out with the sugar, even just a pinch, outside of my Free Day on Sunday.   Not a big deal, but I had to let it go if I wanted the change, the results I set out for!

One of my favorite people, Pastor Paula White, said recently that, "You cannot get to a higher place by holding on to lower things.  Whatever's holding you back, you've got to let it go," she exclaimed.

What is in your life that you've got to let go?  Food, negative relationships, poor habits, excuses, negative self talk, addictions, failures of the past?  You name it!  We often quickly blame food or lack of exercise for the status of our fitness.  But I challenge you to think about the big picture.  Your bend is not my bend, but maybe there's something in your life that needs to be left behind so you can move on with the progress you're so desiring.

This is the start of week four!  Reflect and redirect.  What can you pinpoint as a stumbling block in your progress towards your goals and what can you attempt to cut out or cut back in order to get to where you're wanting to go?  We've all got something!

I said that after three weeks I'd ask for your feedback on your progress.  I'd love to know that from you at this point!  Whether it's weight lost, changed habits, non-scale victories, plateaus, or maybe even "what progress or program are you talking about, Mindy?!"  Please email me here for an update!  All content will be kept confidential and won't be made public on Facebook or the blog!  Talk to me, and remember, I'm on your cheering squad! 


Carry on Challengers, carry on!
~Mindy



No comments:

Post a Comment