My Daily Protein Shake!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Journey To My First Figure Competition: 18 Weeks Out


18 Weeks Out: December 8, 2012
138 lbs; 15.5% body fat; 8AM
Calorie intake: 2500 daily
Cardio: none
Lifting: none (not released to lift yet)
Conditions: Still some puffiness in the abs from the surgery on 11.2.12

 

This is Jackie's suit on loan and my own (new) show heels!  This is after five weeks of being "off" of the gym due to my surgery restrictions.  I don't see much definition and feel I look very "soft", but it's a good start and there's a lot of "leaning out" to be done (I call that motivation and accountability to stay the course)!  Jackie's suit is great to give me an idea of what I need to prep for.  It's not fitting well in the boobs or torso, but I'm grateful to use it!  


To give you perspective on the suits worn in Figure, they come in all colors and as much bling as you want to pay for.  Suits can be bought new, used, or custom made and range in price from $100-$800+ each.  I've laid the one I'm pictured in next to a pen.    It's teeny tiny!  As pictured, I'm a size 2 and there's no hiding the trouble areas here.  That's why diet and sticking to the plan is key on this journey.....the stage won't lie

                          Example of a few gals on show day!
For my show suit, I'm toying with a red or blue or purple suit...can't decide!


The shoes!  I LOVE wearing heels and I've been wearing them for years.  These clear show shoes are 5" tall and most of what I wear is at least this tall.  I love the transparent look of these, and believe it or not, they are pretty comfortable!!  However, there's tons of practice, practice, practice to be had to master walking and posing in these!


This sum's up my why for all this....

"What you get by reaching your
destination is not nearly as
important as what you will become
by reaching your destination."
- Zig Ziglar


Mindy's First Show Date: 
Saturday, April 13, 2013
NPC Indiana's "Natural Indiana" Show
Maddam Walker Theatre, Indy




No comments:

Post a Comment